St. Joseph’s Church

Serving as a Catholic's religious establishment for more than 300 years, St. Joseph's Church was built during the reign of King Narai in 1666 as requested by the missionaries headed by Bishop Lambert de la Motte. The church was firstly built by wood, but in 1685 it was later reconstructed with bricks in European-style and reopened in 1695. During the second Ayutthaya-Burmese war, the church became a shelter for Siamese people and was later destroyed on 23 March 1767. The restoration took place in 1831 and completed in 1847, adding more Romanesque details.

Open daily from 8.00 a.m. to 18.00 p.m.

Credit: TAT
Address : 30 Mu 11 Tambon Samphao Lom, Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
Tel : +66 3524 6076-7