Wat Phra Si Sanphet

Wat PraSiSanPhet
Built in 1491, Wat Phra Si Sanphet was the only temple located inside the compound of the Grand Palace, without resident monks—which is the original idea when King Chakri built the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, a no-monk royal temple in the Grand Palace in Bangkok. During the glory days of Ayutthaya Kingdom, this was the largest temple in the city. Ashes of some Ayutthaya kings were stored here. It was damaged and left abandoned after the collapse of Ayutthaya kingdom but the remaining structures still help us picture the temple at its former condition.

How to get there?
- This is another ruin easily accessible by bicycle and Tuk-Tuk for a fare of around 30 Baht from the centre of the town.

Open daily from 8.00 a.m. to 18.00 p.m.

Credit: TAT
Address : Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya

Map :